This blog is part of a series of articles where you can get to know more about our Members. The Members of Designs In Mind are our Designer Makers- learning skills in a variety of forms that create the beautiful products we sell in our shop. All our Members are in touch with Mental Health services in Shropshire and everyone has a different story. The Big Six shares a little insight into who they are and what they do here at Designs In Mind.
Laura this is your Big Six are you ready?
1. How do you describe what you do at Designs In Mind to other people?
I go to an art project. It covers a range of different things. We work on commissions and workshops, I learn new skills. I give examples- glass, sewing, mosaics. I take pictures of the work on my phone and show them what I do. I explain that it’s not for everybody, you have to have some sort of illness.
2. Name 3 of your specialist skills here…
3. What are your favourite words of wisdom?
Never give up
4. The votes are in- You’ve won! If you got elected as Prime Minister what changes would you like to see in healthcare?
If people suffer from depression or anxiety it needs to be more open rather than hush hush. Advertising/ posters are needed to make others more aware. Education in general to explain the issues. Gp’s need to more aware of the kind of support on offer here at Designs in Mind.
5. What inspires you?
To be able to be creative
6. What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve heard people say about your health condition?
Pull yourself together and being avoided.
Thank You Laura